I enjoy sharing my knowledge and experience on author business-related topics.
Online Marketing (social media)
An overview to using blogs, newsletters, and social media to connect with readers. Includes an in-depth look at different platforms and how to chose which is right for you and use them effectively.
Presented for Ottawa Romance Writers (February 2018), Invest Ottawa (2014), Encounters With Canada (2014), Ontario Self-Employment Benefit Program (2014-2015).
In-depth workshops offered for different areas, including:
- Newsletters (includes a look at different platforms and what you need to ensure you don’t break spam laws)
- Blogging (how to set up a topic calendar, schedule blogs, and keep yourself motivated and your users engaged)
- Facebook (pages versus groups versus profiles, what to post, stories and live video, and how to effectively use ads)
- Twitter (user handles, hashtags, lists, curation, chats, and ads)
- Instagram (best practices, hashtags, stories, photo editing, and ads)
- Book trailers (how to use free software and affordable stock media, where to upload, what to do with your video)
- Social graphics (where to find images, how to edit them, what to do with them)
Setup and run your author website easily using WordPress. Includes information on setting up, designing, and updating your site and using plugins that meet your individual needs.
Learn how to treat your writing business the same way other small business owners treat theirs. Learn how to build a business plan and measure growth. Includes a short overview of online marketing.
Contact me for more info
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]